By Heather L. Appelbaum
Comprised completely of scientific situations protecting irregular woman puberty and its scientific administration, this concise, useful casebook will offer clinicians in reproductive endocrinology, gynecology and pediatrics with the simplest real-world techniques to correctly diagnose and deal with a few of the varieties of the situation they might come upon. every one bankruptcy is a case that opens with a special scientific presentation, by means of an outline of the prognosis, evaluate and administration recommendations used to regard it, in addition to the case end result and medical pearls and pitfalls. situations integrated illustrate diversified motives of irregular puberty in addition to administration ideas, together with congenital anomalies, endocrine problems, problems with constitutional hold up, weight problems, consuming problems, ovarian melanoma and the influence of pharmacology, between others. Pragmatic and reader-friendly, Abnormal lady Puberty: A medical Casebook can be a good source for reproductive endocrinologists, gynecologists and pediatricians alike.
Read Online or Download Abnormal Female Puberty: A Clinical Casebook PDF
Similar endocrinology & metabolism books
Peripheral hormones have an incredible effect at the mind: they can intrude with its improvement, to impact liberate of neurotransmitters and concentrations of receptors, to set off development components taken with lesion fix. those a number of activities account for his or her skill to modulate a few physiological parameters, from reproductive capabilities to reminiscence, behaviour and getting older.
Gerald Reaven, the discoverer of Syndrome X, and a panel of world-class investigators thoughtfully summarize our present figuring out of ways insulin resistance and its compensating hyperinsulinemia play a big function within the pathogenesis and medical process hypertension and cardiovascular disease-the so-called ailments of Western civilization.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference e-book. It supplies an entire clinical dictionary protecting 1000's of phrases and expressions with regards to Hashimoto's thyroiditis. It additionally provides vast lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers details to clients on the right way to replace their wisdom utilizing a variety of net assets.
Whereas the western international has only in the near past develop into enamored with the soybean, East Asia has been eating and having fun with the linked healthiness advantages of this flexible proteinaceous legume for hundreds of years. the japanese specifically have committed a lot power to unraveling the mysteries and revealing the technological know-how of this oil-rich bean.
- Nutrition, Digestion, Metabolism. Proceedings of the 28th International Congress of Physiological Sciences, Budapest, 1980
- Adrenaline and the Inner World: An Introduction to Scientific Integrative Medicine
- Insulin Resistance: Insulin Action and Its Disturbances in Disease
- Fatty Acid and Lipotoxicity in Obesity and Diabetes (Novartis Foundation Symposium 286)
- Diabetes and Health Disparities: Community-Based Approaches for Racial and Ethnic Populations
Extra resources for Abnormal Female Puberty: A Clinical Casebook
2 Precocious Puberty 45 49. Andersson AM, Skakkebæk NE. Exposure to exogenous estrogens in food: possible impact on human development and health. Eur J Endocrinol. 1999;140:477–85. 50. Buck Louis GM, Gray LE, Marcus M, Ojeda SR, Pescovitz OH, et al. Environmental factors and puberty timing: expert panel research needs. Pediatrics. 2008;121:192–207. 51. Cesario SK, Hughes LA. Precocious puberty: a comprehensive review of literature. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2007;36(3):263–74. 52. Özen S, Goksen D, Darcan Ş.
Mother’s height is 62 in. and father’s height is 66 in. Family denies any environmental exposures of exogenous hormones. 9 kg/m2 at the 68th percentile. Review of her prior growth curves shows that she was measured at the 25th percentile for height at age 3 years. Her blood pressure is normal. She has no acne, hirsutism, or cutaneous ﬁndings. Pubertal status is Tanner stage 3–4 for breasts with estrogenization of the aerolae. Pubic hair is Tanner 3. There is scant axillary hair. The vaginal mucosa appears slightly pink with minimal discharge.
28. Sklar CA, Rothenberg S, Blumberg D, et al. Suppression of the pituitarygonadal axis in children with central precocious puberty: effects on growth, growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor-1, and prolactin secretion. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1991;73:734–8. 29. Mittal S, Mittal M, Montes JL, Farmer JP, Andermann F. Hypothalamic hamartomas: surgical considerations and outcome. Neurosurg Focus. 2013;34(6):E7. 30. Chae HS, Rheu CH. Precocious pseudopuberty due to an autonomous ovarian follicular cyst: case report with a review of the literatures.
Abnormal Female Puberty: A Clinical Casebook by Heather L. Appelbaum